Each bag contains 5 soaks. Foot Soaks Organic Herbal ingredients:
Du Yi Wei, Zang Chang Pu, Hong Hua, Hong Jing Tian, Qiang Huo, Ai Ye, Sheng Jiang, Ku Shen Lamiophlomis (Du Yi Wei)
Rhizoma Acori calami (Zhang Chang Pu), Safflower (Hong Hua), Rhodiola (Hong Jing Tian) , Notopterygium (Qiang Huo), Artemisia (Ai Ye), Sophora root,(Ku Shen) Fresh Ginger (Sheng Jiang)
***Individuals on blood thinners or people with cancer, blood clots or immuno-suppressant drugs may NOT use these foot soaks.***
BEFORE USING FOOT SOAKS PLEASE LISTEN TO THE PODCASTS BELOW
Directions for Organic Tibetan Foot Soaks ONE BAG:
1. Choose a basin. You need a container large enough to accommodate both your feet and deep enough to cover your ankle bones. A Tupper- ware dishpan works well. An electric foot spa is ideal.
2. Prepare the medicinal infusion. Bring 2 quarts of water (if you are using a dish pan) or 3 quarts of water (if you are using a foot spa large bucket) to a boil in a large pot. Place one or two medicinal sachets into the pot (as directed by your doctor), turn the heat down to low, cover the pot, and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
3. Reduce the infusion to proper soaking temperature. Add 4 quarts of room temperature water (if using a dishpan) or 7 quarts of room temperature water (if using a foot spa or large bucket) to your basin. Add the hot infusion to the water in the basin and stir thoroughly.
4. Confirm the soak temperature is between 105-112 degrees using an instant-read kitchen thermometer. THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT IF THE SENSATION IN YOUR EXTREMITIES IS IMPAIRED BY NEUROPATHY OR ANOTHER CONDITION. The ideal soak temperature is between 110-112 degrees. Many people find this temperature uncomfortably hot when they first start soaking, however. It is ok to work up to this temperature gradually.
5. Sit down and soak. Choose a place where you will not be exposed to drafts and where you can sit quietly without disruptions. It is best to avoid watching TV or using a phone or computer while soaking. Use the time to meditate, pray, or have a pleasant conversation.
6. Maintain the soak temperature. It is important to maintain the soak temperature in the therapeutic range of 105-112 degrees for the du- ration of the soak (30-45 minutes). The easiest way to do this is to use an electric kettle to add small amounts of boiling water to the soaking basin every 5-10 minutes. REMOVE YOUR FEET FROM THE BASIN WHEN ADDING HOT WATER AND EXERCISE EXTREME CAUTION WHILE USING ELECTRIC APPLIANCES AROUND WATER. ALWAYS CONFIRM THE SOAK TEMPERATURE IS BELOW 112 DEGREES BEFORE PUTTING FEET BACK IN THE SOAK.